Bishop Eddie Long’s Megachurch, New Birth, Faces Fifth Lawsuit for Sexual Harrasment — A former employee of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, the same church where Bishop Eddie Long has been accused of coercing four young men into sexual relationships, has filed a lawsuit against the place of worship alleging that she was sexually harassed by a former supervisor – making it lawsuit number five for the Atlanta-area megachurch.
Computer expert abused boys, court told — An IT expert from the Black Country, who has appeared on TV and radio to give technical advice, sexually abused two young brothers after fixing a computer, a court heard. Award-winning businessman Stuart Rudd showed the pair, who were under 13, adult pornographic images and encouraged them to perform sex acts, it is alleged. The jury was told that Rudd, managing director of Expert IT consultants on Bilston High Street and who has appeared on BBC Midlands Today and local radio to give computer advice, has a 1997 conviction for a sex offence involving a girl under the age of 16.
Former Coventry altar boy tells of abuse by city priest Richard Robinson — A COVENTRY man told a jury he was systematically abused by ex-priest Richard James Robinson while an altar boy at a city church. Giving evidence at the trial of Robinson, the man – who is now 42 – alleged the former priest first abused him when he was 11. He said the abuse began when he had been invited into the presbytery at St Elizabeth’s Road, Foleshill. He said: “The invite was to have food and a drink – I viewed it as him being kind as I had done a good job as an altar boy. I didn’t think anything untoward would happen.”
Judge Rejects Motion to Suppress Evidence in Child Abuse Case — A Shasta County woman will go to trial for the attempted murder of a seven-year-old boy. A Shasta County Superior Court Judge denied motion to suppress evidence and dismiss the case against Rachel Limon. The lawyer argued the search of her Rhonda Road home was illegal because it was based on an anonymous tip and done without sufficient probable cause.
Male survivors slam province on process — Ontario’s Attorney General says he’ll meet male survivors of sexual abuse in the wake of mounting criticism over how the province is choosing agencies to help victims. But Chris Bentley said he cannot derail or interfere in the process, which critics say have allowed unsuitable agencies to vie for funding, pitted groups against each other and ignored survivors. Instead, the London West MPP suggested the province and survivors start talking now to make sure programs work once the agencies are chosen.
Men suffering in silence — A few years ago, a major study on sexual abuse reported that one in six adult men reported being sexually molested as children, and, surprisingly, nearly 40 percent of the perpetrators were female. In America’s gynocentric practice of Christianity, men suffer in silence as they are often overlooked as victims of sexual abuse. In many evangelical churches men are usually steered into “accountability groups” while women are provided support groups and healing opportunities for past pain. Perpetrators are men, victims are women. That’s the dominant paradigm with good rationale, statistically speaking. But every church in America is populated with scores of male victims of sexual abuse in need of help.
Mother faces second-degree murder charge in child’s confinement — A De Soto woman who’s accused of starving her son in an attic was charged Wednesday with trying to kill the boy, ending her request for lower bond. Before the hearing began, prosecutors added a charge of attempted second-degree murder against Rachel Perez, 27. They also expanded the charges of child abuse and aggravated child endangerment, which she already faced, to cover more than two years instead of just one day.
Mum punished kids out of fear — A mother has given evidence that she choked and hit her five, small starving children if they tried to get food because she was scared of another woman who hated them. The mother has admitted she watched her five kids, aged four to seven, beg for dog food because they were so hungry. The mother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was giving evidence in a Supreme Court trial in Adelaide of three men who are accused of mistreating the five children from late February 2008 to June 2008.
Muslim teen beaten, called a ‘terrorist’ by classmates says he stayed silent out of fear — A Muslim boy says four bullies made his life a living hell in the halls of a Staten Island public school, calling him a “terrorist” and beating him every chance they got. The victim, a 16-year-old high school freshman, told his father and the police of the constant abuse he endured, prompting the arrests Sunday of his teen tormenters on suspicion of hate crimes.
Woman Faces 95 Years For Sex With Teen — A woman accused of participating in sexual acts with a 15-year-old boy over the course of several months faces up to 95 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges Wednesday. Michelle McAdams, 28, of Newell pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual abuse by a custodian and three counts of third-degree sexual assault in front of Marshall County Circuit Judge David Hummel. The charges stem from accusations that McAdams and Michael Bull, 35, videotaped McAdams participating in sexual acts with a 15-year-old boy.
Woman teacher, 37, who had sex with two 15-year-old boy pupils guilty of ‘appalling abuse of trust’ — A woman teacher who admitted having sex with two 15-year-old boy pupils was yesterday condemned for committing an ‘appalling abuse of trust’. Hina Patel, 37, had ‘full sexual intercourse’ with the teenagers when she was working as a supply teacher at Birkdale High School for boys near Southport, Merseyside.