This has certainly been a wild year. From court cases to politics to the weather, there has been nothing but turmoil.
Here is a little of what happened this year:
- The earthquake and tsunami in Japan
- Casey Anthony got acquitted
- Charlie Sheen melted down
- President Obama had Osama bin Laden assassinated and no one cared
- John Boehner managed to get through months of blocking Obama without crying
- Herman Cain
- The Penn State rape cases
- The hellish tornado season in the Midwest
- The near collapse — again — of the American and global ecomonies
- Rick… Rick… wait, I know this…
- Thomas Ball lit himself on fire, and ironically received feminist scorn
- Dominic Strauss Kahn got accused of rape
- Feminists blamed men’s rights activists for Anders Breivik’s terrorist attack
- The Arab Spring
- Occupy Wall Street
- And my personal favorite, President Obama roasts Donald Trump the night he orders the assassination of bin Laden
This is just a little bit of the insanity that happened this year. I can only imagine that 2012 will be a much bigger mess.
What moments from 2011 stood out to you?