Accuser in Sex Slave Case Allowed Restitution — A 25-year-old Vermont man who says two former West Haven firefighters sexually assaulted him since childhood has been allowed to seize a house and bank accounts belonging to one of the men he accused. Earlier this year, state police charged Frank Meyer, 39, of West Haven, and Brett Bartolotta, 42, of Cavendish, Vermont, with aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking.
Former teacher is jailed for sexually abusing boy — A former teacher who watched teenage boys being beaten with a whip before sexually abusing them has been sentenced to five-and-a-half years’ imprisonment. Mario Bugeja, 45, from Qala had been accused of abusing four boys but three of them withdrew complaints against him, placing the blame instead on another former teacher, Martin Cefai, as the one who “ruined” their lives. Mr Cefai is currently appealing against a custodial sentence.
Former voice of Elmo hit with 5th sex abuse suit — A fifth man has filed a lawsuit alleging sex abuse by Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who gave Sesame Street’s Elmo his voice. The allegations that Kevin Kiadii, 25, made against Clash, 52, are similar to those made by four other men who said they were courted and seduced by Clash when they were underage teenagers. The lawyer defending Clash called the other suits “meritless and barred by the statute of limitations,” but he did not immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment on the newest filing.
It is time for women to cut the male bashing — No one can stop writing about it. No one can stop talking about it. And no one seems to know what to do about it. It seems that the issue has penetrated our lives so much, that we are lost in some kind of a crazed bloodlust to find justice in some way. In any way that’s possible. In retrospect, in spite of the rape case having struck at the very heart of Indian society, thoughts by parliamentarians, activists, politicians, spiritual heads and religious bodies seem disturbing.
Lawsuits filed for 2 former Boy Scouts alleging sex abuse — Lawsuits were filed Wednesday on behalf of two former Boy Scouts who allege they were sexually abused during stays at the Fire Mountain Boy Scout Camp in Mount Vernon in the 1980s. The Boy Scouts of America and its Mount Baker Council are named as defendants in the suits, filed in King County Superior Court by along with three Portland attorneys and Seattle attorney Mike Pfau, who are representing the men, now 44 and 37.
The Male Bond — Male friendship is one of the great mysteries, and even those of us who depend on it can only struggle to say why. I once sat up half the night in the company of Christopher Hitchens at the Plaza Athénée in New York. We didn’t agree about a single thing: not about the merits of Paul Wolfowitz, not about the bad character of Bill Clinton, not about the writing of Evelyn Waugh, or about whether Catholicism was basically sentimental. But the night was fantastic and memorable.
Man ends sexual abuse trial by pleading guilty — A young man from Springfield admitted on Tuesday that he sexually abused a 12-year-old boy who was a family friend. Nicholas Rountree, 20, pleaded guilty to four counts of first-degree statutory sodomy. Rountree pleaded guilty during his jury trial after forcing the boy, who is now 14 years old, to take the witness stand and in the middle of the victim’s testimony. The trial began on Monday. Rountree began his friendship with the victim when the victim was 11 years old and Rountree was 17 and the two were in the same Boy Scout troop.
Milwaukee Archdiocese to Release Sex Abuse Files — The Archdiocese of Milwaukee said Wednesday it will release thousands of pages of documents tied to sexual abuse lawsuits, including depositions with some former top officials. The archdiocese, which had been fighting the documents’ release, made its announcement the day before the matter was to be decided in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Milwaukee. The archdiocese filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January 2011 to deal with about 500 sex abuse claims.
Moosic woman arrested for abusing two minors — A now 14-year-old boy told police a Moosic woman gave him alcohol and cigarettes before she led him into the car in her garage, pulled down his pants, gave him oral sex then raped him last summer. The boy, who said the sexual assaults took place during the summer he stayed at his grandmother’s in the borough in 2012, told police Kimberly Eiden, 40, 200 E. Corey St., grabbed him inappropriately on several occasions, performing oral sex on him and sexually assaulting him at her home, in the parking lots near fast food restaurants and supermarkets, according to a criminal complaint from Moosic police.
Revealed: Actor Matthew McVarish tells how he was sexually abused as child by convicted paedophile uncle Terry McMonagle — ACTOR Matthew McVarish has told how he was sexually abused as a child by a paedophile uncle. The star of CBeebies hit Me Too! revealed he was a victim of pervert Terry McMonagle, who was jailed for six years after 20 years of abuse. In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mail, Matthew, 30, bravely waived his right to remain anonymous and told how he and and his brothers were preyed on by his mum’s brother, a teacher.
Texas couple arrested in Las Vegas over boy in box — A couple arrested in Nevada agreed Thursday to be extradited back to South Texas on child abuse charges that allege they forced a 9-year-old boy to live at times in a locked wooden box. Officials said the 43-year-old man and his 49-year-old wife appeared Thursday for a hearing in Las Vegas, two days after being found in a home not far from the Las Vegas Strip. The man is the father of the boy and the woman his stepmother.