Often times people want to help others but do not know how. This cannot be any truer than when it comes to helping abused men and boys. The resources sometimes are not apparent and are often difficult to find. Sometimes the resources are hidden or even barred by other groups who wish to polarize the issue. The intent here is to provide those who wish to help male victims with the opportunity to do so.
Please remember that you do no have to empty your wallets to help. Even a small donation can go a long way. And for those on the other side of the issue, it would go a long way to demonstrating real concern for all victims if you donated as well.
We are the only national organisation focused on supporting adults who have been abused in any way as children. We know that most children who are abused don’t talk about it until they become adults and NAPAC exists to support survivors of child abuse when want to talk and receive support.
We aim to:
- Respond to the distress caused in adulthood by ill treatment and/or neglect in childhood.
- Establish a national information line and postal service for people requiring advice and information about help available to overcome the continuing impact of childhood abuse in adulthood.
- Provide support, training, information and resources to persons and organisations supporting people who have experienced ill treatment and/or neglect in childhood.
- Raise public awareness of the continuing impact of childhood abuse in adulthood.
- Effectively campaign to alleviate the impact of child abuse in adulthood.
We plan to achieve these aims by:
- Continuing to run our national freephone Support Line for adults who have suffered any type of abuse during childhood.
- The publication of helpful materials and information.
- Establishing training packages for people and organisations supporting survivors.
- The establishment, maintenance and monitoring of a national register of counsellors and therapists who are committed to assisting adults who have experienced child abuse
- Organising seminars and conferences on relevant topics
- Promoting and liaising with relevant bodies on issues pertaining to childhood abuse and its continuing impact in adulthood
Please donate and help make a difference.