Woman “fell” pregnant after raping 12-year-old boy

I do enjoy how media outlets discuss women’s sexual violence against boys. This was the title of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s article on a recent child rape case: Melbourne woman who fell pregnant to 12yo boy jailed for sexual abuse.

Let us see how this woman “fell” pregnant:

The 40-year-old woman, who cannot be named, was sentenced at the Victorian County Court on Monday to at least three years and six months in prison.

The woman had pleaded guilty to the persistent sexual abuse of a child under the age of 16 over her relationship with the boy, who was her daughter’s friend.

In 2011 the woman, who was in her 30s, began driving her daughter and the boy to school.

The woman has admitted she started developing feelings for the boy and began a sexual relationship with him.

The pair had sex once a week over a five-month period and did not use condoms, the court was told.

That does not sound like the woman accidentally became pregnant. It sounds like she intentionally had sex with a child. There is a word for that: rape. Continue reading

Woman claims 13-year old victim made her “think I was used”

I must admit I am impressed when sex offenders surprise me with their excuses. After a decade of dealing with these stories, I figure I have seen it all. However, every now and again someone manages to say or do something I would never expect. Case in point:

Nicole Porter faces statutory rape charges after getting a 13-year-old boy drunk and raping him. According to the victim, Porter and her roommate forced him to drink alcohol and threatened to hurt him if he refused:

Once he was drunk, the boy told investigators that Porter took him to her room where she took off her clothes. She then choked and pinned the boy down on the bed and forced him to have sex with her, court documents state.

Porter denied raping the boy and claimed her roommate provided the alcohol. Even if that were true, unfortunately for Porter her own journal makes the situation look worse: Continue reading

Bulletin Board v268

1 in 3 Victims of Family Violence Are Male — Family First NZ says that research in association with the Department of Internal Affairs, Alcohol and Drug Association of New Zealand and the Canterbury Men’s Centre has found that 38% of recent victims of family violence in the Canterbury region have been male and that male victims are not gaining support. The researcher says that media coverage has only focused on female victims and that there is reluctance for men to speak up.

Boy Scouts sue insurer over sex-abuse settlements — The Boy Scouts of America is taking legal action against a unit of a leading property/casualty insurer, claiming the company refused to provide insurance coverage for settlements of child sex-abuse cases from the late 1970s. The organization alleges that National Union Fire Insurance Company – a Pittsburg unit of American International Group – neither defended nor settled the claims that were brought by sex abuse victims from 1975 to 1980 and totaled about $60 million.

Colorado GOP Legislator Implies Gay Boy Scout Leaders Should Be Drowned — Colorado State Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt (R-Colorado Springs), in Monday’s edition of his online video series called “Pray in Jesus’ Name,” urged his viewers to pull their children out of the Boy Scouts because “homosexual men mentoring and camping” with boys “will lead to child abuse.” “The children are in danger,” said Klingenschmitt, a first-term Republican. “It’s not about the sexual pleasure of the adults. It should be about protecting innocent children.”

Convicted paedophile caught with thousands of child abuse images — A convicted paedophile, who had been released early from a three-year prison sentence for sexually abusing a 14-year-old-girl, was caught with thousands of child abuse images. Kenneth Cooper, 60, of Magnon Court, Leighton Buzzard, shared 500 of the pictures and movies with other perverts, Luton Crown Court heard on Tuesday. After hearing that Cooper had also been convicted of having indecent images of children in 2004, Judge David Farrell QC said that he regarded him as posing a significant risk of causing sexual harm to children. Continue reading

Stop The Abuse: 1in6 Canada

Often times people want to help others but do not know how. This cannot be any truer than when it comes to helping abused men and boys. The resources sometimes are not apparent and are often difficult to find. Sometimes the resources are hidden or even barred by other groups who wish to polarize the issue. The intent here is to provide those who wish to help male victims with the opportunity to do so. Every month I will post a new link to an organization that provides services for male victims. As the list grows, I will create a page where all the links can be found.

Please remember that you do no have to empty your wallets to help. Even a small donation can go a long way. And for those on the other side of the issue, it would go a long way to demonstrating real concern for all victims if you donated as well.

——

1in6 Canada

Let’s get this out of the way right now.

If you are a man who was sexually abused as a child or sexually assaulted as an adult, you are not alone, you are not to blame and the feelings and thoughts you are having are normal.

More importantly, healing and a better life are possible—you, your family and your friends need to know that. And finding that help may be just a click away.

Please donate and help make a difference.

Woman convicted in child sex ring case

A 34-year-old woman from Norwich faces years in prison after a juror found her guilty of 23 sex crimes. What makes Marie Black’s case unusual is that she played a pivotal role in the child sex ring:

Opening the trial, prosecutor Angela Rafferty QC said Black, previously known as Marie Adams, played an instrumental role in using the children as sexual play-things.

The abuse, which is said to have happened in and around Norwich and London, included forcing the children to have sex with one another.

On some occasions, the adults threw parties and played card games to decide who would abuse which child, Mrs Rafferty said.

In interviews the victims described how they were abused in front of one another and other adults. Some of the abuse involved children’s toys, including Barbie dolls.

Black denied all the charges, claiming that she was being “stitched up.” Continue reading

Bulletin Board v267

Abuse against boy ‘preventable’ says judge during sentencing; young mother jailed for harming son — A young Adelaide mother may only spend about another three months in jail after being sentenced for an attack on her two-year-old son, which left him with bite marks, bruises and scratches all over his body. The judge slammed Families SA for failing the boy, saying the crime could have been prevented if the department had acted on 19 notifications about his welfare.

Another former boy scout files abuse lawsuit – over 100 more could follow — Another lawsuit has been filed against the Boy Scouts of America over alleged abuse by a Scout leader – and his attorneys think at least “a hundred more” lawsuits from Minnesota will follow. Minneapolis-based Noaker Law Firm filed a complaint Tuesday in Ramsey County District Court against the BSA and the Northern Star Council Boy Scouts of America relating to sexual abuse a former scout suffered at the hands of Scout Leader Leland Opalinski.

Bangladesh hunts attackers of teen beaten to death — Hundreds of people have formed a human chain outside the home of the 13-year-old boy who was beaten to death in Bangladesh to protest the killing, as police hunted for a group of men who lashed the boy to a stake, beat him to death, and put a video of the torture online. Police said an autopsy on Samiul Alam Rajon revealed scores of injuries all over his body, including on the head and chest. He died due to internal bleeding. Continue reading

Jake, Josie, and consent

This image floated around social media over the week:

noconsentsex

The print on the bottom right side of the image states that it came from Coastal Carolina University. A redditor contacted the school concerning the image and received this response:

Thank you contacting CHANT411,

The poster referenced in your email was created and distributed on our campus approximately 8 years ago and was very short lived ­­– long before other campuses our size were having in-depth discussions regarding consent. Since that time, the conversation with our students about sexual consent has changed dramatically. Currently, educational initiatives regarding consent on the Coastal Carolina University campus include extensive online and in-person education.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Scott

That is a typical response explaining nothing at all. The school uses a new poster now, one more confusing and ridiculous than the original. Continue reading